Peleg’s Point would not be complete without its volunteers and the community cannot thank the volunteers enough for all the hard work and dedication they put into making Peleg’s Point a wonderful place to live. Running a successful homeowners association requires teamwork. That means every role within the community, from the Board of Directors and the homeowners working together. There are many tasks that must be managed, and having a strong team of volunteers serving on committees keep things working more efficiently. We hope you’ll want to join your neighbors to volunteer, meet new friends, and contribute to forming our community.
Volunteering comes in several forms - volunteering on events, projects, committees or Boards - with each being a larger time commitment. It can be as little as giving a couple of hours for a "one and done" project or as much as one hour per week to serve on the Board. Regardless of how you choose to volunteer, you will find volunteering an enjoyable and fulfilling thing to do!
Interested? Please visit the Contact Us and email any of the board members with your interests! We look forward to hearing from you.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The Peleg’s Point Owners Association holds 9 seats on our Board of Directors team. Each Board member is an elected volunteer that advocates for owners in all aspects of property ownership here. The committee gives a voice to owners and makes the decisions that make Peleg’s Point the special and unique place we all call home.
POSSIBLE STANDING COMMITTEES
We recognize that our Peleg's Point neighbors have a lot of talent and can add value to our standing committees. We are always looking for new talent and a variety of skills to enhance our groups. If you have time and would like to volunteer, please look into the many groups we have to choose from.
- Grounds Committee
- Advises the PPOA BOD on matters relating to planning, maintenance, and appearance of the PPOA common areas signs, landscaping, grounds and other areas as assigned by the PPOA BOD
- Communications Committee
- Provides the most effective communication between members of the community and the BOD using multiple media types
- Good Neighbor Committee
- Advises the PPOA BOD on programs, resources and events available to the Peleg's Point community promoting the well-being of our diverse population
- Lifestyle Committee
- Advises the PPOA BOD on planning, organizing and hosting special events, activities and programming to provide and enhance the quality of life in Peleg's Point
- Public Works Committee
- Advises the PPOA BOD on planning, maintenance of the PPOA common areas, streetlights, drainage structures, Peleg's Point Pond, Best Management Practices (BMP's), Storm Water Management Plans and other areas as assigned by the PPOA BOD
- Technology Committee
- Provides the PPOA BOD and PPOA Staff with advice and recommendations through a purposeful review and evaluation of all aspects of community technology to enhance communication and safety and to foster a first-rate technological initiative within the Peleg's Point Community
The Lifestyle committee hosts many neighborhood events which provide several volunteer opportunities throughout the year. Some of our most popular volunteer opportunities include the St. Patrick's Happy Hour, Summer Kickoff Picnic, and October Fest. We are always seeking people to help with set-up, craft tables, food and drink service and much more.
Volunteering is a great way to meet people in the neighborhood, while at the same time, having fun and lending a hand!